The Patient Participation Group is representative group of patients, providing a communication channel between Bilbrook Medical Centre and its patients.
The group provides a forum to :
- Share information about the practice, the locality (8 local practices) and the wider NHS
- Enable patients to raise non- medical issues with the practice
- Enable feedback for trainees, both negative and positive
- Identify practice difficulties for patients e.g. Breast screening location access, bowel cancer screening access
- Initiate, support and evaluate supplementary services e.g. Social prescriber, and to give feedback on existing services
- Engage in identifying specific practice questions as part of patient surveys
- Evaluate results of patient survey and identify areas for development/review as part of an action plan
- Opportunity to engage in emergency planning
- Opportunity to engage in Care Quality Commissioning (CQC) visits to provide a patient perspective.