There is a anticipated to be intermittent issues with supply of the following medication, until January 2024.
- Equasym XL 10,20 and 30mg capsules
- Xaggitin XL 18 and 36 mg prolonged-release tablets
- Concerta XL 54mg prolonged-release tablets
- Xendiate XL 27mg Prolonged-release tbalets
- Elvance 20,30,40,50 and 70mg capsules
- Elvanse adult 30, 50 and 70mg capsules
- Intuniv 1,2,3 and 4mg prolonged release tablets
If you are regularly taking any of these medications, we advies you to take the following steps:
- Consider whether you still require the medication or whether this is an opportunity to have a break from taking medication. ADHD is not a lifelong condition and treatment is not a cure – it is only prescribed to help manage symptoms.
- ADHD medication does not need to be taken daily. Consider taking it when most required – such as when it is most important to be able to concentrate, for instance work or school days. The only exception to this is Intuniv – stopping this suddenly can lead to changes in blood pressure so please do discuss any change to this medication with your ADHD specialist.
- Consider obtaining your medication from an alternative pharmacy. You may find contacting different pharmacies helpful in obtaining a prescription.
- If you are unable to acquire your medication and feel that it is need, please contact your ADHD specialist, who may advise an alternative form or brand.